BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Metaphysics

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite: ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Autor Beitrag
applepie

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 15.08.07, 20:46  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

noch eoin paar tracks... ich lieb den mit clueso.. auch wenn alt..

und noch ein paar...

auf dass dieser wachse und die Lücke ausfülle. [ Khalil Gibran ]

In Deine Hände übergebe ich mein Leben...
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
amica

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 16.08.07, 10:39  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ahhhh das mit Clueso is ja echt der hammer...wie heisst des und auf welchem album isses drauf?

das 3. gefällt mir auch gut

mhh ich hab das gefühl, dass der Meta solo bald gross rauskommt

jamin' in the light of jah
he heals my soul
he hears my call
he is my all and
everything
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
applepie

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 17.08.07, 13:48  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

das war mal ein singel brigitte.. obs sonst auf ner cd ist.. weiss grad nicht..

hier noch eine kleine seite vom meta aka alien tech

der neffe ist mal süüüüüsss

dzieki renatkoooo!

[editiert: 17.08.07, 13:49 von applepie]

Dateianlagen:

910639.jpg (34 kByte, 206 x 206 Pixel)
speichern

5129912.jpeg (58 kByte, 425 x 318 Pixel)
speichern

5129913.jpeg (62 kByte, 425 x 318 Pixel)
speichern

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Jenny

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 17.08.07, 18:17  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: amica
    mhh ich hab das gefühl, dass der Meta solo bald gross rauskommt
na woll mers hoffen *g* Wünschen würd ichs ihm vom ganzen Herzen.

nr. 3...hach jaaaaa..... Tyron ist da mitdabei...muss ich mehr schreiben? *g* in einer zeile von ihm kommt sogar das Motto unseres Abschlussgottesdienstes vor: Jedem Anfang wohnt ein Zauber inne...

Der Neff ist ja zum abknuddeln süss...der Onkel ist aber au net von schlechten Eltern *loooool*

Ein bisschen Gott in deinem Leben ist besser als gar nichts, aber Jesus als zentraler Bestandteil deines Lebens ist das Beste überhaupt - Michael Herberger
applepie

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 17.08.07, 21:24  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

noch was... eine reportage f. BBC gedreht über zimbabwe,
da kommt der herr ambassador der afican music in der 10 min
auch vor... wie kann es anders sein...

interessanter stuff (die reportage war wesentlich länger -
auch metas auftritt.. hier mal nur der schnitt davon:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/6935608.stm

applepie

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 19.08.07, 21:29  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

und noch ein guter artikel über den herrn schwamborn...

Metaphysics -A Breath of Hip Hop From A Legend
The Long and Winding Road To Success Pt. 1

If there was ever to be a book on Zimbabwean Hip hop legends, I would love to dub this emcee as the Granddaddy of rap. At 33, Herbert Schwamborn better known in the music circles as Metaphysics (Meta) has been throwing mad beats and coming up with wicked verses for close to two decades and has absolutely no intention of stopping. Described in many publications as a workaholic, when I invited myself into his Mabelreign home, I figured that they were right because, in his room was a bed conveniently situated close to a busy looking work station. So out of curiosity, I asked if his assumed “workaholism” was for real and a pigment of estranged biographers’ imaginations, in his come what may attitude, he said, “There ain’t anything else to do.”

A strangely charming guy, the one on one rendezvous began with a drink and the rest kinda flowed. Based in one of the largest Hip hop music consuming countries, Germany, Meta was born at Edith Operman Hospital in Mbare in 1972 on the 8th of December and told itsbho about how Hip hop became his life. So how did it all start? We go back to the late eighties when they were a few Rap groups doing their thing, including Zimbabwe Legit and solo act, Chubby Pepper and when break dancing was represented in Zimbabwe. In the seventh grade, Meta remembers being introduced to this culture and meeting Terry Mahati, who was strictly Hip-hop music and how through Terry, he became an emcee. They then formed a group called Lethal Language back in the day, when he was at Prince Edward High School.

“ I was a member of Lethal Language but I really don’t know what happened with the group. I guess I was the youngest member and everyone was older than me, so the others began to persue other interests. Other genres started to coming in, Terry started listening to dance hall and I couldn’t relate to dance hall and I didn’t want to…” A teacher at the school, who had heard the Lethal Language demo that had been played a couple of times on radio by Radio 3’s DJ Hosiah Singende, Hit man, realised that he had an interest in recording and studio work.“She (the teacher) got me a radio show while I was still at school called, Young Zimbabwe which gave me an insight into the professionalism of radio and television stations . I met Isaac Chirwa, who helped me in producing after I featured in his video as an extra. With my friend, Laygwan, we were already making commercials so we were really exposed on a professional level”

Meta then met Keith Farquharson, who at the time was producing Cde Chinx and Ilanga, after listening to his rap, he took him on and slowly the world was to see the birth of Peace of Ebony. “I just came out of school and I had failed my O- levels so I had to go to CCOSA College and redo them. At that college, I met Tony Chihota, the Chief and we started going to studio sessions together, one day we took a little break at Creamy Inn and we were just rapping and some girl started doing the beat box. We were like, hey! There’s a female doing Hip hop , what’s this? She had a nice sweet American accent because she lived in Seattle for a while. She of course was Chwoniso Maraire and that’s how we became Peace Of Ebony in 1992 , “he explained. Peace of Ebony then recorded an album and Meta admits that at this stage they had no clue about the contractual work, “Keith made us sign these 60 paged document that we couldn’t even read, it was like written in Latin but it was cool because it opened doors for us.”

The group was shifted to South Africa and with the help of Gallo Records, the album was released and because of a number of blunders by a Zimbabwean distribution company, the album was not released locally.How did the local market take your rap music, it should have been difficult to get respect out there? “ I don’t know, our generation was not exactly concerned with what our parents, Aunts and Uncles were thinking, we were just connecting to something bigger than location. We were beginning to think internationally at that time, It wasn’t really getting in to the music business, it was more about getting in touch with a culture that was global. I think we had to be in touch with the world,” said the Rapper.

In making of the video for one of their tacks, Meta started thinking of making films, which was his first passion and five months later he was invited to South Africa to audition for a TV show that was looking for a young and funky host.“I grew up on watching MTV tapes that we used to swap at school, so I knew how the whole presenting thing was done, so I hosted the a show called, Shell Road To Fame that was right after Peace of Ebony. I started getting into production as an intern for television shows and set up a production company that produced music videos and independent film productions whilst I was there.”

The Rap guru was the first Zimbabwean presenter to be “kicked out of” South Africa (they must be kicking themselves now). He came back home the Hip hopper that was behind the whole Johannesburg Hip- hop movement started Kataklysim with Tony Chihota and George Phiri. "The local music scene became very small and New York was then the next destination. “ When I went to New York, I can say that’s when everything really started for me, in a sense of being a confident producer, emcee and businessman,’’ said Meta.

Having read and only experienced Hip hop culture through magazines and tapes, the Rapper who had no trouble in fitting into the Brooklyn Hip hop scene met luminaries, Mobb Deep, The Roots, Guru, got a camera job on MTV’s Total Request Live (TRL) and did a lot of radio shows.After a brief stint in NYC, when he was supposed to have been heading back home, because there was a connecting flight from the United States of America to Switzerland. Once in the European country, he took a train to Germany and has never stopped since.

quelle

und ein interview - interessant!!

Q & A with Metaphysics Pt. II

“…They are some mad articulate artists who spit in Shona and one of my favourite is Godobori. I’ve never heard anyone drop Shona like that, on an intricate and intelligent level like that. We are indigenising that music form (rap) but that’s the trend in Germany, they spit in German, in Italy, they spit in Italian, so Hip- hop is becoming more personalised."
You probably read the first part of our interview with Metaphysics and because the brother had a lot to say about Hip- hop, here is the second part, for your eyes only, enjoy.

itsbho: So what do you believe is your role in Hip-hop?
Meta: I don’t know…I’ve contributed. I’ve done my part. Being a catalyst in Johannesburg or founder of one of the first rap groups in Zimbabwe with Peace of Ebony. I’ve kinda contributed my energy to this culture also on a business level. I am trying to set up an infrastructure for others to use as a platform. I am already in the process of licensing and distributing a group from South Africa called, The Third World Writers. I am very selective because I don’t have the resources right now to support many groups but the ones that I like, I will definitely try and help just to bridge the gaps.

itsbho: Have you recognised any people you can say yeah… he is good ?
Meta: I have to say I am a fan of what’s coming out of Johannesburg. It’s a complete shame that Zim was on the Hip-hop scene way before South Africa ever was but it’s probably because of the infrastructure.
itsbho: What do you mean when you refer to infrastructure?
Meta: Johannesburg breeds that kinda Hip- hop mentality. Its easy to associate yourself with
Hip –hop mentality that rappers talk about because you are in that environment. In Zimbabwe there isn’t really an urban struggle or urban nature grit to it, I mean the lifestyle here is a little more relaxed. To a degree Zimbabwe reminds me of Jamaica and I think reggae and dancehall is more suitable for Zim. Jo’burg Hip- hop is the same as New York Hip- hop because the infrastucture is the same so the music translates across easier. So coming out of South Africa is a whole bunch of Kats that I’m feeling.

The real Hip-hop is from Zimbabwe in places like Jo’burg, my favourite emcees are Zimbabweans like Zubz produced by Battlekats, who is Zimbabwean. Outrageous Records owned by Dzinoreva, a Hip- hop label in South Africa, home to some of the best artists like Proverb and H2O and they are all under a Zimbabwean label.

itsbho: Ok I don’t get it, you said we don’t have the infrastructure, so how did these Zimbabwean kats get into the game that side?
Meta: I don’t know but it’s all in your imagination and imagining that you are in that environment. Your imagination is then manifested into a reality and that frame of mind is projected and physically fit into that environment, it’s all in the mind state. Its about tapping into a mind state and connecting with the music and the listener, you see yourself as part of that and you emulate that.Its about a strong enough imagination and that they eventually put themselves in an environment that works that can live.

itsbho: So what else are you feeling?
Meta: Coming back home, I see a lot of kids connecting to Hip-hop but to what level, I don’t know and I just wish them the best. They need to develop but what I think is amazing is how kats have a hold of their own language. We are not New Yorkeans, Jamaicans or whatever, but Zimbabweans. They are some mad articulate artists who spit in Shona and one of my favourite is Godobori. Ive never heard anyone drop Shona like that, on an intricate and intelligent level like that. We are indigenising that music form but that’s the trend in Germany, they spit in German, in Italy, they spit in Italian, so hip-hop is becoming more personalised.

itsbho: Earlier you had mentioned that kats will never make money from it (rap). Why?
Meta: Because It’s only a handful of listeners that wanna listen to intelligent music/poetry, others are happy listening to repetitive catchphrases, Hip-hop is rare and it’s a bit too much info to dig.

itsbho: I guess that also applies to Zim, right?
Meta: Yeah, it will never lift off because the language is confined to Zimbabwe so on a broader and commercial level, there’s no communication, you see Jamaican music is more international because it is in English, in Patwa though, but people can still relate. For me, I am not confined mentally, I never went out to do my music and carry a Zimbabwean flag, I went out there to do something I personally love and I wasn’t trying to be someone else. I just caught on to something I liked doing. If you want to industrialise you have to study your market base, if it’s an art you should be happy singing your Shona to your small audience- that’s satisfying your soul, this is what I am and I’ll be that. If you want to take it to a platform, where you want to make a living then you have to be willing to be more flexible and study your market

itsbho: What’s made the greatest impact in your life?
Meta: Its all the ones in the beginning. When everything was still adolescent, I am just going on adolescent energy. When I first stood up on stage and did those songs in crèche. Those were the moments. On a mature level, you realise that if you put something in you are bound to come out with something and that’s just work.

itsbho: When I listen to your verses, I cant help associating you with Talib Kweli and Mos Def. Did they have any influence in your career?
Meta: When I was in New York, I met and hung out with Talib Kweli and Mos Def, so I know them on a personal level. Definitely I have been influenced by their music and I grew up on KRS One, Raquim and Big Daddy Kane.It’s a certain sect of Hip hop called, The Five Percent Nation of Islam, which bases its fundamentals and acknowledgement of Allah. I have always listened to intelligent Hip-hop.

itsbho: Now I would want to know, what you are listening and enjoying right now ?
Meta: I am enjoying 9th Wonder , Kamakazi, Lost Children of Babylon. I’m enjoying DVDs , the Mobb Depp was kinda cool, the Busta Rhymes was disappointing.I am really going back and looking at the film aspect because that’s the trend right now, release a CD with a DVD.

itsbho: From your own work, what can you say is your favourite track ?
Meta: I dont have that, personally I make albums and don’t listen to them myself. I’ve never developed that culture because having favourites stagnates you, because you always want to make something that’s like that favourite track. Every new song is a new moment, expression and a new feeling behind it.

“….Every new song is a new moment, expression and a new feeling behind it.”

itsbho: Your Future on a personal level in five years ?
Meta: Chilling…. Heavy. I want a house, a dog and a car so that I can go to the shops when I have back problems in Zim (he laughs).

itsbho: On a professional level?
Meta: I don’t know…I think I’ll always be working. That’s what I do, so I don’t have that idea of what I am gonna do professionally, you know, in X amount of years I got this masterplan. Things are constantly shifting and you have to adapt to and blend into the environment, hopefully I will have the energy to still be productive. I hope to set up the infrastucture that others can use and can benefit from. I want to invest in fresh energy and hopefully create a platform for fresh minds ideas.

quelle

applepie

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 07.09.07, 23:04  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

unser lieber meta vermartket einige neue ideen...
so kann sich jeder einen sogenannten 'shout out' bestellen..
ganz persönliche videobotschaft vom meta (ist ja vor allem
auch als geschenk super geeignet...)

hier mal ein beispiel - das ist doch total sweet...

eine geile idee...

Jenny

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.09.07, 10:45  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Ooooooch wie sweet ist das denn??? Is ja wirklich zu geil...

Hab in seinem Blog schon davon gelesen, dass er das machen will um Geld für sein Liberate Zimbabwe Projekt zu bekommen.
Wie's aussieht, kenn mer jetzt auch schon den Spruch für nächstes Jahr: "Söhne Mannheims 2008 - Let's elevate" ....

Ein bisschen Gott in deinem Leben ist besser als gar nichts, aber Jesus als zentraler Bestandteil deines Lebens ist das Beste überhaupt - Michael Herberger
Pyretta

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 09.09.07, 12:50  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Wie geil!
Das ist ja echt mal ne nette Idee..und passende Worte warens auch. Sehr entspannt isser der Meta.

...und ich finds nicht nur deshalb so toll, weil in dem stream zuuuuufällig der richtige Name genannt wird

Jenny

Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 09.09.07, 17:35  Betreff: Re: Metaphysics  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: Pyretta
    ...und ich finds nicht nur deshalb so toll, weil in dem stream zuuuuufällig der richtige Name genannt wird
sag bloss du hast des béi dem bestellt???

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite: ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Seite 15 von 20
Gehe zu:   
Search