Microwave Forum

Sämtliche Inhalte dieses Forums dienen ausschließlich wissenschaftlichen und nichtkommerziellen Zwecken --- All content is provided for educational and non commercial purposes only

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages MembersMembers SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Philips BS

First   Previous   Next   Last
SunCheek

New PostCreated: 2005-03-30, 04:14 AM CET  Subject: Philips BS  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

ALPINA Erwachsene Skihelm Grap, Blac...
Dear colleagues,
So far I hadn't had any experience with DECT, though already made some transmitters of FM radio and UHF video. Some time ago I got for free this beautiful thingie (see photo1). I spent a lot of time to find out what it is, and finally I was told that this is some Philips DECT repeater. It has two external connectors: 4-pin RJ-11 (for power feed, I guess) and 8-pin RJ-45 (for data communication). So far I couldn't make any use of this repeater, knowing nothing about its pinouts and power requirements.
I have two major questions regarding this. First, is it possible to use this repeater somehow (without other Philips DECT equipment)?
And second - speaking of RF parts (photo2), can I make any use of them? For example in power amplifying for celljammers, wireless communications etc.
I tried to email these questions to kleiner_onkel directly last year, unfortunately with no success (no answer).
Thank you in advance for your kind help.

[edited: 2005-03-30, 04:22 AM CET by SunCheek]

Attachment:

phil_bs.jpg (24 kByte, 800 x 600 pixels)
Picture optimized für best viewing.
Large view - save

Dieses Bild als...    [Info]

T-Shirt

Tasse

Puzzle

Teddybär

Schneekugel

Tasche
mehr...

inside_bs.jpg (273 kByte, 1.600 x 1.200 pixels)
Picture optimized für best viewing.
Large view - save

Dieses Bild als...    [Info]

T-Shirt

Tasse

Puzzle

Teddybär

Schneekugel

Schlüsselband

Tasche

Mauspad
mehr...

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
kleiner-onkel

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2005-05-10, 02:04 PM CET  Subject:  Re: Philips BS  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

sorry... i'm very busy @ the monent,,,, but i try to answer this eavening.

Greetings

Chris

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
SunCheek

New PostCreated: 2005-05-10, 04:00 PM CET  Subject: Re: Philips BS  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Thanks in advance!!!

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
kleiner-onkel

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2005-05-14, 01:14 PM CET  Subject:  Re: Philips BS  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi SunCheek

sorry for that late answer....

...this repeater looks like a radio fixed part... (RFP) or wireless relais station (WRS) that is used in big firms
to cover a large area. Most of them have RJ45 connectors and external antenna plugs. German laws permitt this device to connect hight gain directional antennas to cover a small radius of up to 5km.

For more information try looking after product number and search the Phillips homepage.

This repeaters have many usefull things like a discret VCO, 500mW power AMP, and many other things. But it's much harder to build a cell jammer from this parts because a cellphone contain much more usefull.

Also the VCO is dubbled from 900Mhz to 1800Mhz before the signal get amplifiered and swiched.

If you like to run this repeater you may need a hole (CCPP) central control fixed part ,,, and this
is not a cheep solution...!!!

I don't get a e-mail from you....!!! if you don't use
--- that's my old adress... and my new one!!!

Greetings to Russia ...

Chris

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search