Microwave Forum

Sämtliche Inhalte dieses Forums dienen ausschließlich wissenschaftlichen und nichtkommerziellen Zwecken --- All content is provided for educational and non commercial purposes only

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages MembersMembers SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks

First   Previous   Next   Last
richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-11, 02:36 PM CET     Subject: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna Reply with Quotation  

Technoline BC 700 Akku-Ladegerät sch...
[Draft !]

Hi,
i started to build a point-to-point wi-fi link, with two old Technisat pfa satellite antenna dishes (1m reflector diameter each).

Pfa means prime focus antenna, like this one:
http://www.satlex.de/de/satcom_pfa-page_1.html
Today, most satellite dishes are offset dishes because they take less place.

Why?
To connect two houses with wi-fi, distance: 1,5km. NO free line of sight. Sharing one DSL broadband connection with two houses to save money.

Inspiration:
http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm

Unfortuantely, i don´t have the pictures of the whole antennas yet, next week, 17/18 november i can will add them.

-------------

There was one strange thing when i constructed those biquad feeds. I assumed that a bi-loop will work as good as a biquad... i think the loop looks more beautiful... but when i tested them with a network analyser, S11 of the bi-loop was really bad, -5dB return. I can´t imagine what might has been wrong with it... i decided to use the normal biquad, which had good values at the first try (lower than -10dB return).

The biquads are mounted on the original tripod of the satellite dish, where usually the lnb is installed.

[edited: 2007-11-11, 11:37 PM CET by kleiner-onkel]

PICT0003_.jpg (66 kByte, 512 x 384 pixels)
save

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
Change sort:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 2 of 16
Go to:   
Search